To enter for Welsh Top Dog competition the dog must have won one of the following awards
- UK Kennel Club Challenge Certificate
- C.A.C. or C.A.C.I.B.
NB: R.C.C. winners will be eligible if numbers allow (preference is given to C.C., C.A.C or C.A.C.I.B. holders)
To enter for Welsh Top Puppy competition the dog must have won one of the following awards
- Best Puppy in Show at a UK Open Show
- Best Puppy In Breed at a UK Championship Show
2018 Winner – Ch (UK, SZ, DK) Zarcrest Black Smith, W18, Alpensieger 18.
2018 Winner – Cosmic Dream’s Damn You Look Good for Mezanda (Imp)
- A maximum number of dogs to be 64 in total for competition.
- Entry into both competitions the Dogs & Owners must be resident in Wales.
- To enter for Top Dog competition the dog must have won a UK Kennel Club Challenge Certificate, CAC, or CACIB, (NB: RCC winners will be eligible if numbers allow however priority is given to CC, CAC or CACIB holders)
- To enter for Top Dog (Rare Breeds) Dogs must have won a Best Of Breed at a UK Championship Show during the qualifying period as specified.
- To enter for Top Puppy (including Rare Breeds) Puppies must have won a Best Puppy in Show at a UK Open Show or a Best Puppy In Breed at a UK Championship Show during the qualifying period as specified.
- If the event is over-subscribed then in accordance with Kennel Club rules there will be a draw to decide the 64 to attend but those attending the dinner will take precedence.
- No refund will be given after the closing date (Refunds will be given if you are unsuccessful)
- Please make cheques payable to Welsh Kennel Club (Please note that cheques will not be paid into the Bank until after the closing date)
- Un-Successful applicants will be contacted at the end of October.
- No unentered dogs will be allowed into the venue during the event, only puppy exhibits for the Top Puppy competition and Top Dog exhibits during the Top Dog Competition.
- Please state on the entry form if you will be bringing any added guests, as spectator’s space is limited.
- One Special Souvenir Programme is included in the first entry.
- Anyone wishing to stay overnight please contact the Commodore Hotel directly Quoting WKC TOP DOG, Map and details on our location and contact page.
- May we politely request that you ensure rooms and public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Dress Code for Competition and Evening Dinner is Smart Casual, Shirt and Tie, Dinner suits optional for Evening Dinner.
- No entry will be accepted without the correct fees.
- No entry will be accepted after the closing date has passed.
- No entry can be accepted without a photo for the catalogue (returned on the day) and a three generation pedigree.
- Qualifying shows, awards and judges name and year must be included. (Please note that no further wins or information can be added after the closing date)
- Please note only one gift per exhibitor (this includes multiple dog entries, ownership or partnerships)
- Mobile phones must be switched off during the competitions and evening dinner.